About The Position
Jifiti is a cutting-edge fintech company that's driving the technology for leading banks and retailers worldwide. We’re growing quickly following an investment of over $20M by the company that owns IKEA. So we need people like you – smart, energetic, and with a passion for getting great things done for some of the most iconic brands in the world.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, detail-oriented Controller. The ideal candidate will be a self-directed, proactive problem-solver with the ability to deliver on multiple priorities.
The candidate will be required to meet deadlines, communicate regularly with the team, and stay focused on the assigned tasks.
This is a full-time position, reporting to the VP Finance.
- Define and execute accounting and financial reporting practices, and internal controls
- Monitor and ensure compliance with US GAAP standards and/or regulatory rules, including implementation of any changes
- Detailed analysis and reconciliation of all general ledger accounts, while ensuring compliance with local accounting requirements and internal policies
- Manage day-to-day operational needs, including accounts receivable, accounts payable, expense management, and vendor management
- Take part of all monthly, quarterly, and year-end closings, including account reconciliations, consolidation, accrual schedules and general journal entries, ensuring that reconciliations are performed accurately and on-time
- Maintain a thorough understanding of existing policies, processes, and systems with a focus on simplifying, standardizing, and implementing best practices globally
- Involvement in various accounting projects as directed by management
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting; CPA - required
- At least 3 years’ experience as a controller
- Experience with Big 4 accounting firm
- Experience with preparation of US GAAP financial reports and in a complex accounting environment
- MS office skills, including Word, PowerPoint and Excel - a must
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Highly detailed-oriented and well organized
- A willingness to roll up one’s sleeves and get the job done
- Experience with NetSuite - an advantage
- Language proficiency in English is a must